KYBELLA® is the only FDA-approved injectable treatment that destroys fat cells in the treatment area under the chin to improve your profile.
KYBELLA® MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- You’re bothered (unhappy, self-conscious, embarrassed) by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness
- You feel the condition makes you look older or heavier than you actually are
- You don’t want to have surgery
- You eat well and exercise, but submental fullness does not go away
- See Results
HOW IS KYBELLA® ADMINISTERED?
Treatment can only be administered by a KYBELLA®-trained healthcare specialist. At each treatment, you will receive multiple small injections under your chin, and the injection process takes about 15 to 20 minutes. The exact number of injections will depend on the amount of fat you have under your chin and your desired profile.
HOW MANY KYBELLA® TREATMENT SESSIONS WILL I NEED?
Since everyone’s chin profile is different, the number of treatments varies from patient to patient. Your healthcare specialist will help determine how many treatment sessions you need based on the amount and distribution of your submental fat and your personal treatment goals. Each KYBELLA® treatment session is given at least 1 month apart, and you should not receive more than 6 treatments. In clinical studies, 59% of patients received 6 treatments.
WILL I NEED TIME TO RECOVER?
After KYBELLA® treatment, you will likely have some swelling, bruising, or numbness under your chin. Be sure to inform your healthcare professional if you develop an uneven smile, facial muscle weakness, difficulty swallowing or injection site problems such as bruising, hair loss, open sores (ulcers), and damage and tissue cell-death (necrosis) around the injection site. Call your healthcare provider if you develop open sores or drainage from the treatment area.
WHAT SHOULD I TELL MY DOCTOR BEFORE TREATMENT?
Before receiving KYBELLA®, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- Have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin
- Have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin
- Have had or have medical conditions in or near the neck area
- Have had or have trouble swallowing
- Have bleeding problems
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (it is not known if KYBELLA® will harm your unborn baby)
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed (it is not known if KYBELLA® passes into your breast milk)
- Are taking any medications, especially blood thinners